Thursday, May 2, 2013

This week I have been busy with a doctor's appointment, yard work and some long overdue housework, too.  But I did find a bit of time for playing in my studio. 

I wanted to participate in an inchie accordion book swap for the Paper Traders yahoo group.  This needed to be postmarked by April 30th.  I managed to get mine done in time to mail them on Monday, the 29th.  Here is the masterboard I created from which the inchies were punched: 



I used distress inks in the colors of picked raspberry and peacock feathers - I just love those colors together!!

And here are my little books:
 


I sponged delicata gold ink around the edges of each inchie.  The  sentiment is a rubber stamp from Hero Arts that I have had for years.  A few sequins here and there are the only added embellishments, as I wanted to keep it simple and easy to mail.  I made one extra book for myself to keep with the four that I will be receiving back in the swap. 

I am still working on book pages for my friends' books and hope to have them done for my next post.

Have a great week!









2 comments:

Lin said...

Love these colors together, Joy, and how fun are these tiny little books!

Carol McCready said...

I love these books. The colors
are gorgeous.