Thursday, April 25, 2013

HELLO!

Yes, it's me again!  I've decided to bring this blog back to life!  I'm still very much involved in rubberstamping and card making - here is my blog for that. 

Fifi's Daughter is my original blog which was started as a place to share various paper arts projects.  For now, I will only be posting once a week with the option of  random posts here and there.
 
Two friends and I recently started an altered book project together.  Each of us cut the front and back covers from an old book and created new book covers for our books.  Renee and I are going with a Paris/French theme for our books and Maureen's book will be all about Halloween. We have given our little group the name of "Mo Jo Nee" (as in nay).  Once a month we will meet and exchange pages we have made for each other.  We can also make pages for our own books as desired. This is to be a one year project - it will be so much fun to see the books at the end of that year!

Here is the cover I made for my book:



As you can see, the books will be held together with binder rings.  And, here is the first page I made for myself:



Here is the back of this page:



I will share the pages I made for the girls in my next post.

This week I joined a Yahoo group, Paper Traders.  I am excited to start participating in some of their swaps and challenges in the next few weeks.   Here is my first creation for their monthly ATC swap:

 

I love this sweet image from Paper Whimsy!

Thanks to anyone who stops by - Hope to visit some of my old friends, and new, soon. . . .









1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

So glad to have you back sharing your mixed media art Joy!! Your Paris themed book is just gorgeous already-what a real treasure you will have in the end! How nice too that you and your friends are close enough to be able to get together each month to swap your pages in person. Your ATC is beautiful too-love that PW girl!