Saturday, September 24, 2011

Green Paper Glue Book Page Swap

Mary Green is currently hostessing a swap of vintage glue book pages.  I decided at the last minute to join in with the fun.  Here is one of my pages:


The pages are required to be 5 x 7 inches.  I was given two old wallpaper sample books awhile back and decided to use some of the papers on my pages.  For this particular background I used a portion of an endpaper from a discarded library book that looks like spider webs. Then I added some strips of a light blue wallpaper.  The image is one I have had for a long time.  She looks like a "housewife" to me.  I also used an old handwritten recipe and some milk coupons.  So, she likes to cook, save money on milk and dust away the cobwebs in her house!  LOL 

We had to make six pages for the swap; I made seven so that Mary could have one too.  I will be posting the others every other day or so.

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I love this page (and your humorous bio of the 'housewife!). The colours are all lovely together - that's a superb endpaper, made all the more precious for the original stamped words in the top right corner.

The butterfly shows your lady as a lighter side. or does she wish she could fly away.....?

x

Barbara DeLisle said...

Joy love your pages-so pretty