Friday, September 16, 2011

ELIZABETH

Another spread finished for the Sketchbook Project 2012


I am showing my age here - I grew up with Elizabeth and she was so very beautiful as a young girl and woman.  Glamour, fame, happiness, sadness, marriages, divorces, good health, bad health - she experienced so much in her life!

First I adhered old book pages down and added some gesso over the text to tone it down a bit.  A small picture of Liz clipped from a newspaper was added.  Then I used several rubber stamps to create a background, using violet ink to reference her eye color. 

Thanks for visiting.  Have a wonderful weekend. 

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Really lovely pages, and a perfect sentiment - I think she kindled the fire in a many a red blooded male! Beautiful stamps and background and the colour is perfect as a reminder of her unusual eye colour..

x

Barbara DeLisle said...

Beautiful pages-I grew up watching Elizabeth also-such a beautiful lady

Miss Iowa said...

Gorgeous pages!